Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2004

Sleep crawling

Well, it appears that part of our sleep issues are related to the fact that R crawls in her sleep. It seems that she crawls herself up the bed and, when she gets to the top and can't go any further, she wakes up and starts crying. At the recommendation of some of my friends, we've started putting her to sleep at the top of her bed and I have some temporary padding up there to keep her from bonking her noggin on the slats. I guess I need to put her bumpers back in. We pulled them out when she started rolling, but still wasn't quite strong enough to get out of a tangle. At this point, I'm certain that if she got up against them and had problems breathing, she could move so I guess I'll put them back to protect her head and see if we get any more sleep. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she's doing this - Chrys was a sleep walker. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out and see how far it progresses.

She, at least, seems to be back to sleeping on and off for about 12 hours a night. She wakes at least once, around 6am to get fed. Other than that, everything seems variable and we're struggling to find the patterns and find solutions. Gas seems to be a big issue and Mylicon is a saving grace there. Part of it seems to be temperature related so we leave her fan on and cover her. I think she has my temperature sensitivities where I need lots of covers and layers and a cold room. Anything else is a mystery and maybe just bad habit.

Tomorrow we'll go to the music class at Gymboree. She loves music and dancing so hopefully this will be a good time.

No comments: