Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Sit & Spin

I think I know where they came up with the idea for the Sit & Spin. Lately, when R gets on the tile floor, she just sits there and moves her feet to turn herself around in circles while keeping her tush stationary. It's pretty funny to watch and seems to wear her out a bit.

"Cat" is becoming much clearer. She was saying it as I woke up this morning and the 'c' and 't' were becoming much more defined as she repeated it. Such cool stuff. That reminds me, I need to call the people at UT back. They invited us to participate in some speech research for 9m to 5y. No money or anything, but I thought it might be a neat learning experience for both of us.

Speaking of the cats...I think she tried to meow today. Spot was walking through the kitchen talking and suddenly R let out a 'm' with some noise after it that almost sounded like Spot. I guess she's going to grow up knowing what a meow sounds like as opposed to just saying Me-Ow. (On a side note about the cats, Chrys found out that we get to take them all to Japan! HOORAY!!)

She also decided yesterday that it wasn't a big deal to take steps from the coffee table to the ottoman. It's 3-4 steps depending on how big she makes them. I'm sure other objects will soon be close enough to just not worry about. YIKES!

No comments: