Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I may have mentioned this before

but it cracks me up enough that you're going to hear about it again.

Ryanne loves ice. She asks for it constantly. She now knows how to get it herself. She does. If only I could teach her to close the freezer door when she's done.

Today, she decided that her truck cabin on the sand toy I got last weekend needed to be filled with ice. She took the little cup over (I guess it's supposed to be a sand sifter) and filled it with ice, probably 5 or 6 pieces. She carried it around, she popped one or two in her mouth. She dropped them on the floor. It's a great toy and requires no clean up.

Her random contribution ---> ;-0

The part that cracks me up - when she drops a piece of ice, she has a hard time picking it up. If it's on the tile, it's a huge challenge. It starts to melt and often her hands are already wet and slippery from playing with the ice. Well, leave it to my girl, she has a solution.

She gets down on her hands and knees, or all the way to her stomach if necessary, and chases it around with her mouth. This provides a great deal of entertainment for me. It's funny to watch her slither around and try to pick up the ice with her mouth.

The really scary part - she's good at catching it that way and I rarely find a puddle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice chuckle. Thanks for sharing. Love and hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey, sweetie...how's about a picture next time RC's chasing ice??? Love, Mom