Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 04, 2005

Little things

Ryanne can now tip toe. She practically runs on tip toe through the apartment. She is very proud of the extra height, but needs to work on her stability.

She can also easily work a zipper. This means no more zipped up jackets for her, or for us! She loves to unzip my vest and will play with it for quite some time. She's been doing it for a while, but I usually had to hold one end for her to get the leverage - not anymore.

She loves to chase the pigeons through the park. She runs after them yelling "do", even though I try to convince her that they're birds, not dogs. She loves that they have to fly to get away from her. Gaining on them right before they take off is a favorite activity.

She loves her sand toys at the park, too. She was playing with moving sand from the bucket to the shovel last time (using her hands).

Her nap time routine seems stabilized and her evening routine hasn't suffered. We are mostly night weaned (working on 5 to 6am now). We have her first drawings - one from the hotel in Tokyo that's in my drawer and one from here that's up on the fridge. She helps me sweep and vacuum (see the pix linked in the previous post).

Other than that, we went to a "Gym Rompers" class yesterday. It's hosted at a local maternity clinic by the wife of the OB. Ryanne had a blast with the other kids. We sang and danced and she ran around like a crazy woman for almost 2 hours. She was WORN OUT! It was a good chance to work on her jumping skills, though. The other kids were jumping on a big box spring type thing and Ryanne started trying it. She got the tiniest bit of air, freaked out and got down...only to get back on 10 seconds later! I think it won't be long. She's fascinated by trying to jump and loves to climb. I can't wait to get her back and try Little Gym in the states. She also charmed all of the moms with her "tan too"s and I got to practice some Japanese while they practiced English. A great social event for all of us and I can't wait to go back. It's hosted 2-3 times a month and will be perfect for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn, I don't know which previous post to find vacuum and sweeping pics. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh...I found them and having a blast looking at them. Love, Mom