Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

What's that you're doing?

with the rag...and the vacuum...and the broom. "Keenin"? Hmmm...

Neither Chrys nor I could ever fall into anyone's "neat freak" classification. We try very hard to keep stuff neat, in general, but it's a genetic war that's tough to win. Nevertheless, our daughter seems to have different intentions right now.

Every morning, I am greeted with the broom and dustpan and told "weep". At which point, we sweep up the cat litter that's fallen on the floor near the litter box.

After she watched some TV, she ran for the office and the closet with the vacuum. "Bacoom", she tells me. We got the vacuum out and she's playing with it, but we haven't used it yet.

Then she went to get ice, like she does periodically during the day. Well, after a spell, the ice started to melt on the carpet. She suddenly runs for the door, opens it, goes to the drawer with the rags, grabs one, brings it back to the office and starts wiping at the floor. She wipes for a while, goes to put the rag up, comes back, sees more water (since the ice hasn't been removed), repeat. For a while...like 15 minutes. Craziness.

Granted, she sees me clean up water a lot, since she likes to dump the cat's water dish (a lot) so she knows how it's done. The thing is, I haven't bothered cleaning much water on the carpet, and none of it here. The water dish is on the tile and I don't want anyone to slip in the puddles (well, river 'cuz it's a big dish). On carpet, I try to blot it up if there's a lot of it just because I'm paranoid about the padding and mold in humid climates. For a little piece of ice, I never bother. I guess she just made the connection from the kitchen.

Amazing to see their little minds work.

She's also working on her first 2 word combinations. Today she said "tato" and signed "eat". She had another one the other day that we couldn't quite make out and we weren't sure wasn't coincidence. Maybe hindsight will help me remember the details. She's growing so fast. It will be full sentences before I know it.

No comments: