Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Overwhelmed

The last two nights as I've cuddled in bed with Ryanne getting her back to sleep, I've been on the verge of tears. I don't cry, partially in fear of waking her up again and partly because I don't want to end up a snotty mess as I go to sleep. I'm not stressed, or unhappy. I just can't believe how happy she makes me, how great it is to be her mom. I guess I can't figure out how to deal with all of the emotions so I end up teary. She's a great kid. She's turning into a very loving person. She adores hugs and kisses and blowing kisses. I think she's trying to say "I love you" ("Ah Yah You"). She's even playing with mama versus mommy. It's great being with her and great experiencing all of her changes. All of that leaves me just a little overwhelmed with emotion at the end of the day - happy emotion, but overwhelming, nonetheless.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I can completely relate to what you're going through! I can't even think about how much I love Emma, because it's totally overwhelming. If I examine my feelings for her, they take over, and I'll fall apart! Does that make us good, loving mommies, or nut jobs?? :)

Anonymous said...

IMHO you're both VERY good mommies. Sincerely, RC's gammaree